Almost all WhatsApp users know that if a message accidentally goes to WhatsApp chat or group chat, it can be deleted for everyone with the ‘DELETE FOR EVERYONE’ option. This is a very useful feature, but the negative side is that this feature can be used only within one hour of sending the message. The DELETE FOR EVERYONE option becomes inactive after one hour. After that only option of ‘DELETE FOR ME’ will be visible. With this you will be able to delete the message, but only from your own chat window, the message will be present on the chat window of another user. If you have also mistakenly sent someone a similar message or photo that should not have been sent and you are afraid that there may be a big problem for you in the future, then do not take tension at all. Here we have brought such a trick of WhatsApp for you so that you will be able to delete years old messages or photos from chat for everyone and there is no need to install any other app for this.
Suppose you want to delete a message sent to everyone on September 10, 2020, at 2:05 pm, ie 7 days old message from today (September 17), when long press to delete it, two options will appear. The first cancel, the second DELETE FOR ME. That is, you will only be able to delete the message from your chat window.
So, what to do to delete the message for everyone…
- First, turn off the internet.
- After that go to Settings and click on the App.
- After going to the app, click on Whatsapp.
- After going to Whatsapp, click on Force Stop below.
- Now go back to the message or photo (which needs to be deleted) and note its day and date, because it is going to work from it.
- Go to Settings again and go to the Date and time option, turn off the Use Network Provided Time Zone, Time Zone or Automatic Date and Time option shown here.
(These options may vary depending on the note-phone.)
- Now here you have to set the date again, then enter the date on which the message was sent. (For example, if you want to delete the message of 16 September, then the date 16 September 2020 has to be entered.
- Similarly set the time. (For example, to delete the message at 2:50 pm, then set the time 10-20 minutes ahead of it.)
- Now go to WhatsApp again. You will see that today will appear instead of 16 September.
- Now long press to delete it, you will see the option of DELETE FOR EVERYONE along with ‘DELETE FOR ME’. Now it can be deleted for everyone.
- After deleting, turn on the Internet and remember to set the current day and time by going to Date and time again.
Note- This trick will work only on the latest version of WhatsApp, so make sure to update WhatsApp.
Source : Danik Bhaskar